if we just
- Ensuring there are no errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation or syntax
- Correcting minor, mechanical errors (such as spelling mistakes or deviations from style sheet)
- Examining material after layout or in its final format to correct errors in textual and visual elements
- Checking page numbers against content and page references
- Checking for adherence to design
- Ensuring correctness, accuracy, consistency, and completeness of copy
- Editing for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics of style
- Checking for consistency and continuity of mechanics and facts
- Ensuring copy fits the space provided and making recommendations for shortening, if warranted
- Reviewing tables, figures and lists and verifying indexes and tables of contents
- Ensuring consistent application of Canadian or U.S. spelling and style
Stylistic & Comparative Editing
- Proofreading and standard copy editing
- Editing to clarify meaning, and to ensure coherence and flow
- Non-mechanical line-by-line editing, including eliminating jargon and maintaining an appropriate language level
- Adjusting the alignment, spacing, length and structure of sentences and paragraphs
- Comparing the content of translated text to ensure the translation is faithful to the original
- Ensuring accurate reflection of brand tone and voice in translated material
- Often requires fluency in both the source language and the target language
This is should be a prospective customer’s number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.
This is where you should answer the most common questions prospective customers might have. It’s a good idea to cover things like your return policy, product warranty info, shipping and returns, etc. Check out the examples below.
What’s your return policy?
Return any of our products–no questions asked–within 30 days of purchase. We even pay return shipping.
Do you ship oversees and to P.O. boxes?
Yes, we’ll ship your package anywhere that can accept deliveries.
Do you have customer service?
Of course! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services reps are available to answer your questions 24/7/365.